Charter Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Blue Sky Solutions to organise your charter
We aim providing you with one the highest standards of service and safety within the Australian aircraft charter industry.
Terms & Conditions
1. By engaging Blue Sky Solutions services (“the Agent”) you (“the Charterer”) irrevocably appoint the Agent as the Charterer’s agent to enter into all necessary agreements and engage all necessary services with and from the aircraft operator (“the Carrier”) in respect of the particular service required by the Charterer.
2. The Pilot in command of the aircraft shall be the final arbiter as whether or not all or part of any flight shall proceed, and in what manner and destination, having regard to the prevailing operational circumstances.
3. Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to refuse access to aircraft by persons in accordance with various Civil Aviation Safety Authority regulations, orders and requirements of the Civil Aviation Act.
4. Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to change and substitute aircraft, aircraft type and registration. All Blue Sky Solutions flights are subject to availability at the time of the flight.
5. The Charterer acknowledges that the Agent is not an agent for the Carrier.
6. To the extent permitted by law:
(a) The Agent is not liable for death of or injury to any person, for loss of or damage to baggage or goods, for delay, or for consequential or other loss of any kind, arising directly or indirectly from negligence or omission or some other cause in connection with provision or non-provision of any transport or service arising out of the Charterer’s engagement of the Agent; and
(b) The Agent is not liable for any inaccuracy in any information concerning the transport, services or their pricing in respect of which the Charterer has engaged the Agent.
7. By engaging the Agent the Charterer agrees to indemnify the Agent against any and all claims, demands, suits, actions, awards, judgements, damages and loss which may arise out of any transport or service provided by any Carrier.
8. By engaging the Agent the Charterer agrees that these terms and conditions form part of any agreement, contract or arrangement between the Charterer and the Agent in respect of the services for which the Agent was so engaged.
9. Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to vary or change without prior notice, the intended flight plan route and timetable.
10. Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to sub-contract another licensed operator, cross hire aircraft, crew, and ground handling personnel or other staff and/or operator’s staff without prior notice.
11. Flights are confirmed only when Blue Sky Solutions is in receipt of an accepted, signed Air Charter Quotation noting the Quoting Reference Number and completed payment details. All flights will be performed by an operator holding a valid Air Operators Certificate issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
12. Baggage items shall be limited to that defined in this document. Any variation from this, in number or mass, shall be carried only at the discretion of the Pilot in command.
13. In the event of aircraft or crew unavailability at any time, for any reason, we will make every effort to provide a replacement, but cannot guarantee we will be successful. Substitute aircraft may not be of the class or type specified in the Itinerary and may incur additional cost. We will not be responsible for passenger expenses of any kind at any time.
14. Additional costs incurred due to weather or Air Traffic Control delays:
Quotes are based on the premise that the flight will proceed normally, without undue delays beyond our control. Sometimes weather and air traffic cause delays incurring significant extra flight time and cost. We cannot incorporate these into our quotes, we will advise you of the possibility of these as soon as we become aware of them. Extra flying time caused by these factors includes airborne holding for traffic or weather, and diversion to other airports if anything precludes a safe landing at the destination airport. The decision whether or not to divert, or to abandon the flight, is at the sole discretion of the Pilot(s), in accordance with ATC instructions, or the Pilot(s) judgment with regard to weather conditions. This extra flying time is not allowed for in our quotes, and is payable by the charterer at the appropriate rate for the aircraft type.
15. It is the charterer’s responsibility to ensure that all passengers have the necessary visa’s and passports, and comply with applicable airport security, health, import, customs and excise requirements for any flight.
16. Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to postpone, cancel or redirect the flight due to war, warlike events, strikes, civil war, civil unrest, riots, sabotage, quarantine, hijacking, terrorist actions, weather conditions or other force majeure of the nature, technical reason, detention or similar measures, accidents with the aircraft, or due to any other factors over which Blue Sky Solutions has no control, or when the safety of the passengers or the crew from the aircraft can reasonably be assessed to be in danger, at the discretion of the Pilot(s) or of Blue Sky Solutions’ personnel.
1. Unless otherwise specified by Blue Sky Solutions, a passenger manifest including individual passenger weights must be supplied by the charterer, prior to the flight. All aircraft have operating weight limitations and this enables the flight crew to ensure the aircraft is loaded within these limitations and appropriate fuel loads are carried. This is particularly important for aircraft with less than 18 seats and all helicopters.
2. Standard adult passenger weights are 86kg for males and 71kg for females. If individual weights average heavier than these standard weights, passenger numbers or baggage may have to be reduced.
3. If accurate passenger weights are not supplied prior to the flight, passengers or baggage may have to be left behind at the flight crew’s discretion.
Our Baggage allowance policy is as follows. Its observance is mandatory, for your safety and legal reasons.
The most important thing is for the passengers to specify their proposed needs, and for you to discuss them with us. We’ll inform you of feasibility, and work out a solution with you. Without this process, you run the risk of the Pilot(s) being put in the position of having to reject items at the point of departure. The Pilot(s) is/are responsible for your safety at all times.
We understand that many trips require additional baggage, reduction in passenger numbers may be required to make this possible. Sometimes a larger aircraft is needed. We will advise you of as many options as possible at the planning stage.
If you arrive with more than that specified here, there is a very real chance that we will not be able carry it without offloading passengers or passenger luggage. This is due to the limited space available overall in the baggage holds and generally the lack of secure lockers within the cabin. Passenger and crew safety is our priority and our baggage allowances exist for these reasons.
When the aircraft is fully occupied each passenger may carry:
One soft sided overnight bag or suit sack, weighing no more than 5 – 10 Kgs.
One of either: briefcase / laptop / camera bag / normal sized handbag or similar
Baggage normally cannot be carried in the cabin, apart from small personal items such as moderately sized briefcases, laptops, handbags or similar capable of being placed beneath your legs in your seated position during takeoff and landing, or at the direction of the Pilot(s)
All items must be capable of being stowed in the baggage holds, unless they can be secured into unoccupied passenger seats.
When the aircraft is not fully occupied, spare seats may be utilised for extra baggage, provided that it can be secured by the seatbelt.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
1. Unless otherwise authorised by Blue Sky Solutions, payment shall be made prior to the flight departing. If other terms are specified the invoice shall be paid within the terms of the invoice, otherwise interest may be charged on the outstanding amount at a rate of 14.5%.
2. If the charter is based on a variable cost/hourly rate an estimate of the cost will be issued and the difference invoiced/refunded after the flight has concluded.
3. A deposit may be required on confirmation of a charter to secure the aircraft.
4. If you have to cancel a flight subsequent to booking confirmation, the following scale of charges will apply:
|After booking, a deposit of 10% is required to secure your reservation – if cancellation is made with more than 7 days notice||10% of total cost|
|Less than seven days (including seventh day), but more than two days:||25% of total cost|
|Less than two days (including second day), but more than 24 hours:||75% of total cost|
|Less than 24 hours and/or dispatch of aircraft:||100% of total cost|
Blue Sky Solutions makes available information, materials, and products on this website, subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing this site, you agree to the terms and conditions as outlined in this legal notice. Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.
Except as specifically permitted herein, no portion of the information on this website may be reproduced in any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Blue Sky Solutions.
Use of website Information
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere on this site, you may view, copy, print, and distribute documents available on this website subject to the following conditions:
The document may be used solely for personal, informational, non-commercial purposes; The document may not be modified or altered in any way; Any copy of the document or portion thereof must include the copyright notice above and this permission notice; and Blue Sky Solutions reserves the right to revoke such authorisation at any time, and any such use shall be discontinued immediately upon written notice from Blue Sky Solutions. Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of this website. Elements of this website are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part.
Warranties and Disclaimers
Except as expressly provided otherwise in an agreement between you and Blue Sky Solutions, all information, designs and material on this website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Blue Sky Solutions assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the information or software or other documents which are referenced by or linked to this website.
References to corporations, their services and products, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In no event shall Blue Sky Solutions be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether or not advised of the possibility of damage, and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of this information.
This website could include technical or other inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of this website. Blue Sky Solutions may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described in this website at any time.
Feedback; Confidential Information; Privacy
Please note that, with the exception of credit card numbers, Blue Sky Solutions does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our website. Any non-personal information or material sent to Blue Sky Solutions will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending Blue Sky Solutions any non-personal information or material, you grant Blue Sky Solutions an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that Blue Sky Solutions is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. However, we will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first notify you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law. To learn more about how Blue Sky Solutions protects your personal information, such as your name and address, please refer to the Blue Sky Solutions online privacy statement.
All Blue Sky Solutions products, services and publications are commercial in nature. The PowerPoint templates and documentation available on this website are “Commercial Items”.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on this website are the property of Blue Sky Solutions or other third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior written consent of Blue Sky Solutions or such third party which may own the Marks.
These Terms and Conditions and any disputes arising out of or related to the Blue Sky Solutions website shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia, and International Copyright Law.